PGA Tour Brunch Byron Nelson Finale
@PGATourBrunch Coverage of the Final Round of the AT&T Byron Nelson
THIS WEEK on the PGA TOUR: AT&T Byron Nelson Classic
COURSE: TPC Craig Ranch (McKinney, Texas)
SOCIAL MEDIA: #PGATour #FedExCup @attbyronnelson
TV COVERAGE: Sunday, May 16 - Golf Channel’s TV coverage will air from 1:00pm to 3:00pm (EDT), then CBS takes over coverage from 3:00pm to 6:00pm (EDT).
STREAMING: PGA Tour Live will offer streaming coverage today, with Featured Groups running from 8:00am to 3:00pm (EDT) and Featured Holes streaming from 3:00pm to 6:00pm (EDT).
PGA TOUR RADIO COVERAGE: Streaming Radio coverage Today, 1:00pm to 6:00pm (EDT) on Sirius XM Satellite Radio. PGA Tour Radio is available on Sirius 208/XM 92) or online on PGATour.com.
How to Watch: (PGATourCom)
PGA Tour Brunch - AT&T Byron Nelson Classic Notes - R-4
Sam Burns holds his PGA Tour-leading fourth 54-hole lead/co-lead of the season. Burns looks to become the third player with multiple victories this season, joining Bryson DeChambeau and Stewart Cink.
K.H. Lee is seeking his first Tour win in his 80th career start. He shot a bogey-free 5-under (67) on Saturday and is only a stroke off the lead.
First-round co-leader Jordan Spieth sits T-3 with Matt Kuchar, Charl Schwartzel and Alex Noren.
Due to the expectation of inclement weather, today’s final round will feature threesomes off tee Nos. 1 and 10 and tee-times moved up to 7:00am-9:01am (local).
Weather: Showers and Thunderstorms expected throughout the day with temperatures in the 68-77-degree range. There’s a 30% chance of rain at 8am and an 80% chance of rain at Noon, diminishing to 20% and mostly cloudy by 6pm. Winds 8-14 mph with gusts up to 22 mph. Lightening in forecast, too, 10-70% throughout the day.
PGATourBrunch will be posting before 12:00pm Noon (EDT) on Monday with a tournament recap and a look at the PGA Championship.
This Week: PGA Championship (Kiawah Island, South Carolina)
Leaderboard After Third Round at AT&T Byron Nelson
Sam Burns 65-62-69—196 (-20)
K.H. Lee 65-65-67—197 (-19)
Charl Schwartzel 65-68-66—199 (-17)
Matt Kuchar 67-66-66—199 (-17)
Jordan Spieth 63-70-66—199 (-17)
Alex Noren 65-64-70—199 (-17)
Full Leaderboard (link)
What They’re Saying:
Burns Leads at AT&T Byron Nelson (ESPN/Associated Press)
Burns Seeks Second Tour Win of Season (PGATourCom)
Spieth Late Surge Puts Him in Contention (CBS Sports HQ)
Early Tee Times and How to Watch Today (Golf Week/USA Today)
On This Day in Golf History:
May 16, 1976 - Lee Trevino won in his home state of Texas for the first time in his illustrious career when he won the Colonial Invitational in Fort Worth. Trevino, born in Dallas, made birdie on the 200-yard 16th to gain a stroke over runner-up Mike Morley. - Courtesy of Randy Walker, Author of On This Day in Golf History, available via Amazon.com and by clicking HERE
The swing of Byron Nelson